Renewable Energy Siting
The Zoghlin Group can assist renewable energy developers with state and local permit and approvals. Our energy practice fits well with our extensive experience in environmental, municipal, land use, and zoning law.
Representing Developers of Small and Community Scale Renewable Energy Projects
For proposed projects smaller than 25 MW in size, The Zoghlin Group can provide valuable services to developers such as:
- Analyze zoning code and local law to determine local regulatory requirements;
- Represent developers before town, zoning, and planning boards;
- Apply for special use permits, rezoning, site plan review, and overlay districts;
- Assist with SEQRA review and prepare of Environmental Impact Statements; and
- Request local laws revisions.
Representing Municipalities with Renewable Energy Siting Issues
Whether a town strongly supports expanded renewable energy development, or has concerns about whether renewable energy facilities fit within its plan for development, The Zoghlin Group can help municipalities draft and revise laws, implement policies, or review specific applications. We provide the following services to towns:
- Draft or amend local zoning laws, wind law, and solar law;
- Help Town Attorneys process specific renewable energy proposals;
- Help Towns comply with SEQRA requirements; and
- Represent towns in the Article 10 siting process for projects greater than 25 MW in size.
Representing Applicants in the Article 10 Process
The Zoghlin Group’s Article 10 Practice Group, led by Senior Associate Benjamin E. Wisniewski, Esq., helps individuals, interest groups, and municipalities participating in large power plant siting proceedings under Article 10 of the New York State Public Service Law. The Zoghlin Group will help you navigate the complicated Article 10 administrative process. Additional information about our Article 10 practice is available here.
Other Energy Law Services
We also represent municipalities in connection with NYISO Interconnection Process, and and Article VII review process for proposed transmission lines. We help our energy law clients with a wide variety of renewable energy matters.
For additional information please contact Benjamin E. Wisniewski, Esq.