Ken concentrates his practice in the area of environmental, land use, and energy law as a member of The Zoghlin Group, PLLC. He represents clients in litigation involving regulatory violations, property damage, toxic torts, and contaminated property. He also assists clients in navigating a number of federal, state and local environmental and land use regulations, including the CERCLA, RCRA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, NEPA, SEQR programs as well as brownfield redevelopment and local zoning. Ken also represents municipal, private and public interest group clients in the administrative process for siting large power plants under Article 10 of the New York Public Service Law.
Prior to joining The Zoghlin Group, Ken was Of Counsel to The Session Law Firm and ran his own practice in Kansas City, Missouri where he assisted clients with environmental and land use issues including litigation, due diligence associated with commercial real estate transactions, regulatory compliance and enforcement defense, zoning applications and recovering damages for timber trespass and other property damage. Ken also worked as an environmental enforcement attorney for the State of Vermont for a number of years where he prosecuted environmental and land use violations, and advised state officials on land use, water quality and other environmental matters. Ken brings years of experience as a criminal prosecutor where he has tried dozens of cases. Ken’s extensive background in litigation offers clients significant courtroom experience.
Ken is an avid outdoorsman and award-winning homebrewer who enjoys skiing, camping and traveling with his wife and two boys.
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association Environmental Law Committee
- Member of the Monroe County, New York State, and American Bar Associations
- Former Co-Chair of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Environmental & Energy Law Committee
- 2012, Corporate House Counsel Institute annual meeting. Topic: “Hydraulic Fracturing – Drilling into the Legal Issues.”
- 2010, Vermont Agricultural Fairs Association annual meeting. Topic: “Act 250 Land Use Issues for Fair Grounds.”
- The Clean Water Act Permit Shield: Expanding, Shrinking, or Both?; ABA Section of Environment, Energy & Resources, In-House Counsel Committee Newsletter (July 2015)