3,800 Acre Horseshoe Solar Energy Facility Proposed for Caledonia and Rush

By Benjamin E. Wisniewski, Esq.

On February 27, 2019, Invenergy Solar Project Development LLC submitted a revised Public Involvement Plan (“PIP”) for the proposed 3,800 acre Horseshoe Solar energy facility. Horseshoe Solar is proposed for the towns of Caledonia and Rush, primarily in Livingston County, New York. The project also includes a major electrical substation in Rush. Additional information about the project can be found on the DMM website for its associated Article 10 proceeding, available here. A map of the facility is available on the official Horseshoe Solar website here. 

The filing of the revised PIP is significant because it starts a 150-day period during which the Applicant is supposed to consult with the public, host towns, and state agencies about the project and potential impacts. After the consultation period ends, the Applicant can proceed to the next stage of the Article 10 review process by filing a Preliminary Scoping Statement (“PSS”). 

For inquiries about the process for siting large power plants pursuant to Article 10 of the New York State Public Service Law, please contact Benjamin E. Wisniewski. The Zoghlin Group represents individuals, public interest groups, and municipalities in Article 10 proceedings throughout New York State. 

DISCLAIMER: This blog is made available by the lawyer/law firm for educational purposes only. Except as expressly provided to the contrary in a signed writing, all materials provided on this website, including these blogs, are provided on an “as-is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. It provides only general information and commentary on the law and/or legal issues in the news. Nothing herein provides specific legal advice. These contents may further constitute Attorney Advertising. By using this website you understand, acknowledge, and agree that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the blog, lawyer, or law firm. The blog posts should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.